Parents' Time Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents' Time Out

Adult conversations and honest parents are not figments of your imagination.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inPotty Training  Register_0
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Kapi
Potty Training  I_vote_lcapPotty Training  I_voting_barPotty Training  I_vote_rcap 
ronin
Potty Training  I_vote_lcapPotty Training  I_voting_barPotty Training  I_vote_rcap 
Mon
Hangers
asi9
Kissie
Noodle
mtlchick28
Faemum
mrsbraden
Join our Facebook group!
Parents' Time Out

Promote Your Page Too
Latest topics
» Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:40 am by Mon

» Saving my muffin recipes
Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 am by Kapi

» Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site
Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:01 am by asi9

» Best Covers
Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 pm by Ghost Dog

» Bridesmaids = Awesome
Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 pm by Ghost Dog

» How to keep a little girl entertained for hours on end
Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:30 am by ronin

» awesome multigrain waffles
Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:12 pm by Kapi

» cool dancers
Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:01 am by Kapi

» Kids say the Darnedest Things
Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:47 pm by Hangers

Poll
We're now on Facebook....
....OMG awesome!!
Potty Training  I_vote_lcap40%Potty Training  I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
....OMG what were you thinking?!
Potty Training  I_vote_lcap20%Potty Training  I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG a chicken!!
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG you are such a tool!!
Potty Training  I_vote_lcap0%Potty Training  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
....OMG Mear got 30% off at Kohls!!
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5
Statistics
We have 20 registered users
The newest registered user is 3bubs4me

Our users have posted a total of 3191 messages in 251 subjects

Potty Training

Go down 
+2
ronin
Hangers
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hangers
Chit Chat Mod
Chit Chat Mod
Hangers

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Because it's an on going topic that really deserves it's own thread.

Lil Bit is down to MAYBE one accident a day, 9 times out of 10 it's when she's unable to make it in time (and pees right in front of the potty- and then cries hysterically for five minutes with the disappointment.) The 10th time is she gets busy playing and doesn't realize she has a full bladder and sneezes or something.

she is even pooping on the potty.

I wish I could say I had jack crap to do with this but it's all her. I had pretty much given up completely. She brought me panties 2 weeks ago and has since refused to wear her diaper unless she's going to be asleep.

w00t
Back to top Go down
ronin
Admin
Admin
ronin

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:25 pm

Good for her!! I know I'm jealous. WeeMan is older than her and, aside from telling me when he's gone, he has no interest in the potty or potty training.

We even struggled with C a lot. She's going on 5 and she still gets distracted at times and forgets to go. Embarassed Not often, but often enough.

Lil Bit is doing great!
Back to top Go down
https://parentstimeout.forumotion.com
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:27 pm

Kaleb poops in the toilet but he has zero interest in peeing there. Since I don't pay for diapers either way I figure I'm willing to continue putting him diapers for as long as he likes as long as I don't have to clean his butt anymore. He can tell me when he's ready and I just don't even bring it up anymore.
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:28 pm

Sarah was freaking easy. She toilet trained herself before her second birthday. I had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down
Hangers
Chit Chat Mod
Chit Chat Mod
Hangers

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:29 pm

I'm now a huge believer in they won't do it until they are ready. No amount of cajoling, bribing, or reverse pyscho-babble works.

When they wanna, they will- and that's the end of it. I tried every trick in the damn BOOK to get her to go and she wouldn't do it. (Though I still think had we been allowed to train her A YEAR AGO when she was originally showing interest this would have been a LOT easier- stoopid daycare.)

She had to decide she wanted to be a big girl- no idea what changed her mind. Damn sure wasn't the m & m's and popsicles I kept promising. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ronin
Admin
Admin
ronin

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:32 pm

I agree. They go when they want to go. I will be so glad to not have to change diapers anymore. stink
Back to top Go down
Hangers
Chit Chat Mod
Chit Chat Mod
Hangers

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Dood. It rocks. I have to help her wipe still. (She's not quite got the "no , really, wipe your ass" part down yet...) But I'm buying one pack of night time diapers A MONTH. That's 9 bucks a month as opposed to 10 bucks a WEEK.

I wubs it. If I can convince G that she wants to PT early I will. lol
Back to top Go down
mtlchick28
Entertainment Mod
Entertainment Mod
mtlchick28

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:51 pm

We are struggling with the pooping. She holds it and then gets scared cause it gets so big and I'm sure it hurts coming out. I give her prunes every day but still she has an issue. One time she pooed only halfway and it was stuck in her bum Sad Needless to say there was hysterical crying involved. I'm not cut out for that shit (no pun intended...lol). She pees great on the potty though so thank god for that.
Back to top Go down
ronin
Admin
Admin
ronin

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:10 pm

C does that too, Chickie. Hubby just makes her stay on the toilet until she goes. I don't have the heart to do it. Sad
Back to top Go down
mtlchick28
Entertainment Mod
Entertainment Mod
mtlchick28

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:37 pm

Yep, we make her stay on there too. The other night she woke up at 2am, 1 1/2 hours later and she still hadn't gone. I was super pissed at this point. Worried too. I thought, how the fuck am I gonna send her back to bed with shit sticking half out her bum? Turns out sitting there that long makes it go back in. We put her back to bed and in the morning I heard her going in her pull up's, I just left her cause at this point I'd rather her go than no go ya know? This is killing me though. It's harder than hard. I may not live through it.... toilet
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:41 pm

That rough mtl. I am so so so so so so SO fucking grateful we've never had shit issues.
Back to top Go down
mtlchick28
Entertainment Mod
Entertainment Mod
mtlchick28

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:44 pm

I am honestly very happy for you! No one deserves to go through this kinda torture. I think it's karma though, apparently I gave my mom such a hard time with this when I was a kid, even landed up in the hospital a few times. She wanted to ship me away...lol!
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:51 pm

I promise to count my blessings on that one everyday. I missed the karma boat thank goodness. I was hospitalized 3 times for colic, and I had it till I was 5 months old. 3 kids later and not one of them was colicky. Now if I could just get a semi-well behaved toddler....

Seriously, Kaleb's stubborn defiant behavior is driving me to the brink.
Back to top Go down
mtlchick28
Entertainment Mod
Entertainment Mod
mtlchick28

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:04 pm

I'm not sure how I got the colic thing too, I was the perfect baby my mom said.

Poor you, what kinda things does he do?
Back to top Go down
ronin
Admin
Admin
ronin

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Is he a bully? Mine's a bully. mad He throws things at my head. silent
Back to top Go down
mtlchick28
Entertainment Mod
Entertainment Mod
mtlchick28

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Mine is pretty stubborn. At the very most inconvenient times of course. Like when I'm running late for work and she refuses to get her snow suit and hat and gloves on. Grrrr!
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:00 pm

Kaleb is super defiant. The simplest requests are met with crossed arms and a 'No, Never!' He will. not. stay in a timeout corner, so I have to sit him in my lap and restrain him from running away until he's ready to do what he was asked, but he'll stay there screaming his fool head off for over half an hour before he'll give in and put away the book I asked him to (that was our after lunch fight)

He throws temper tantrums every. single. time. he doesn't get his way, like full blown scream at the top of his lungs lie on his belly, kick his feet and pound his fists type tantrums. Neither me or Colin or any of his grandparents have ever given him ANYTHING because he's thrown a tantrum, he's never been rewarded for this behavior EVER, he stills throws about 2 dozen a day.

And he's just mean. He asked for a banana yesterday so I gave him one, but then he broke it by accident and melted down because he didn't want to eat a broken banana. I asked if he was going to eat it, he said no. never. so I gave it to his sister who had 2 seconds before asked me for a banana too. He melted down again saying he wanted his banana back. Before I could tell her to stop, Sarah gave him back the banana (I guess I should take back the never rewarded line lol) Kaleb then smushed the banana up in his hands and said he didn't want sarah to eat his banana.

It's gotten to the point where I dread taking him out of the house. And except for the library (he LOVES the library, good as gold there for some reason) I point blank refuse to go anywhere without another adult who's sole job is to cover his ass while I deal with the baby and Sarah. Because I'm just not physically capable of dealing with all 3 kids when he will not follow a single verbal direction. It's freaking exhausting, and I'm really getting sick of it.

And what really scares me is that all of Colin's family keeps telling me that all the boys were like that in their family when they were little, which means that just as Kaleb finally grows out of this stage, Patrick will jump right into it. And what if they overlap? For the love of every thing shiny I will go certifiably insane lol.
Back to top Go down
mtlchick28
Entertainment Mod
Entertainment Mod
mtlchick28

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:02 pm

Oooof, I feel for ya! Mine is not anywhere nearly as defiant. She throws tantrums of course but her mind can easily be changed and she snaps out of them in minutes. How long has this been going on? Did Colin's family tell you a time frame?
Back to top Go down
ronin
Admin
Admin
ronin

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:12 pm

WeeMan is like that too Kapi, but he's not very verbal yet. He does say, "NO WAY!" Mostly, he just screams.

It gets really embarrassing when our kids' speech therapist meets with them and he grabs her flash cards, runs to the other side of the room, starts lining them up in rows and then throws a full-blown temper tantrum because she wants to clean them up.

Also, if his sister is on my lap, he'll grab her leg and pull her off. (Inside, I think it's funny. Outside, I have to tell him to stop. yak yak yak )
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 9:21 pm

he's been defiant like this only for a few months, same with the tantrums, but he's been stubborn since he could move. He could go up a set of stairs before he could crawl on the ground. He would make towers out of toys to crawl on the counter and then pull his toys up with him and stand on them balanced on the counter to reach something on a top shelf at just under 1 1/2 (yes that's how I found him, the boy is a heart attack waiting to happen lol) So I figure this stage is just a continuation of those, he wants what he wants when he wants it, and he doesn't like to let things get in his way.

MIL figures Kaleb should outgrow this by preschool age *fingers crossed*
Back to top Go down
Hangers
Chit Chat Mod
Chit Chat Mod
Hangers

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:50 am

Kaleb sounds like my nephew :-) A lot like my nephew...

When you combined my nephew with my very own lil bit? (Miss Personality herself?)

It's not much wonder why I was begging the OB to throw me on something that would make me not give a shit for a few months. lol He refused. The big meanie.
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:16 pm

I took the kids into the city today to go play at an indoor playground. I'm hoping that'll help improve his behavior a little bit. I can't WAIT for summer when we can live outside for a few months, that always makes life easier. The end of winter is hard on a 2 year old.
Back to top Go down
Hangers
Chit Chat Mod
Chit Chat Mod
Hangers

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Lil bit is just...too MUCH in public. She has to say hi to everyone, she interjects herself into EVERYONE'S conversations, she's insistant on being heard (and will get louder if you attempt to talk over her...) it's cute but Obnoxious at the same time...

everyone is all "awww, I'd just LOVE to take her home..." and I'm all "Fucking go for it yo...but don't say I didn't warn ya..."
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:12 am

Oh, see now THAT sounds like Sarah. She makes a friend everywhere she goes. Yesterday at the fun factory (indoor playground with little kid versions of token games) She met a little boy who instantly became her new. best. friend. They were inseparable for 4 hours. She played all of his tokens for him and then offered to have her grandma buy him a popcorn lol. She has NO concept of boundaries and is generous to a fault, but doesn't realize not everyone else is and that she can't be generous with other people's stuff/money/time. She talks to every single person we pass, and if they don't answer she will keep calling. 'hey, you, man in the orange toque, I SAID good morning. did you hear me? I said good morning. GOOD MORNING MISTER' Mommy, why didn't he say good morning to me?
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 am

Kaleb has now been screaming in his room for almost an hour because I insisted he had to brush his teeth after breakfast bang head

I need a straightjacket smilie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Potty Training  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Potty Training    Potty Training  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potty Training
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parents' Time Out :: Parenthood :: Kids-
Jump to: