Parents' Time Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents' Time Out

Adult conversations and honest parents are not figments of your imagination.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inForrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site Register_0
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Kapi
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_lcapForrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_voting_barForrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_rcap 
ronin
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_lcapForrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_voting_barForrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_rcap 
Mon
Hangers
asi9
Kissie
Noodle
mtlchick28
Faemum
mrsbraden
Join our Facebook group!
Parents' Time Out

Promote Your Page Too
Latest topics
» Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:40 am by Mon

» Saving my muffin recipes
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 am by Kapi

» Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:01 am by asi9

» Best Covers
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 pm by Ghost Dog

» Bridesmaids = Awesome
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 pm by Ghost Dog

» How to keep a little girl entertained for hours on end
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:30 am by ronin

» awesome multigrain waffles
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:12 pm by Kapi

» cool dancers
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:01 am by Kapi

» Kids say the Darnedest Things
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:47 pm by Hangers

Poll
We're now on Facebook....
....OMG awesome!!
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_lcap40%Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
....OMG what were you thinking?!
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_lcap20%Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG a chicken!!
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_lcap20%Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG you are such a tool!!
Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_lcap0%Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
....OMG Mear got 30% off at Kohls!!
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5
Statistics
We have 20 registered users
The newest registered user is 3bubs4me

Our users have posted a total of 3191 messages in 251 subjects

Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site Empty
PostSubject: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:54 am

Not in any particular order - just from what I can remember off hand...
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:55 am

Johhny Ribs

I toss some cut up ribs in a slow cooker with equal parts BBQ sauce and water to cover them. I used a sweet BBQ sauce but it's up to you.

I cook them on low for 7-8 hours.

When they are done I heat up a pan and add butter

I take the ribs out and sear them on both sides in the pan with cinnamon sugar and salt.
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:55 am

Snatch's Crockpot Cuban Chicken

COOKING TIME
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours
INGREDIENTS
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
4 tsp chopped garlic (4 cloves)
8 each chicken drumsticks and thighs, skin removed (about 4 1/2 lb)
1/4 cup each lime juice and orange juice
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
Chopped cilantro (optional)
PREPARATION
1. Place onion and garlic in a 6-qt slow cooker; arrange chicken on top.

2. Stir juices, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper in measuring cup; pour over chicken. Cook on low 5 to 8 hours until chicken is cooked through.

3. Reserve four drumsticks and four thighs for Tropical Chicken Salad recipe. Serve remaining chicken over rice ; spoon juices with onions on top. Sprinkle with cilantro, if using.
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:56 am

Beeps Big Ass Pot Veg Soup

Big ass pot.
20 cups of water (I'm lazy and don't like making this twice)
10 veggie bullion cubes

Bring to a boil and add

5 large bags of spinach
1 bunch carrots, sliced thick
1 bunch celery, chopped thick
2 onions, chopped
3 bags frozen lima beans (trust me, it's good)
2 bunches fresh green onion, diced
1 large can diced tomato

Simmer until veggies are soft. Usually 2 hours.

Cook a bag of Japanese noodles separately and pour soup over into individual bowls.
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:56 am

LIR's Forget About It Chicken

This is such any easy way to make really great chicken thighs. Very fast and very easy. It must be thighs though, as white meat will turn very dry due to the high heat.

Just take however many chicken thighs you have, rinse and pat dry and then coat with seasoned salt and garlic powder. Put them in a pan and stick them in the oven at 400* and forget about them until you are ready to eat. The longer you leave them, the crispier they will be. I put them in for an hour and a half and hubby was raving about them last night.
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

BPE's Garlic Shrimp

3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup coarsely chopped white onion
3 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
16 uncooked jumbo shrimp, shells intact, deveined (about 1 pound)

Puree 1/2 cup oil, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in blender until almost smooth. Place shrimp in small bowl. Stir in oil mixture. Let shrimp marinate 1 hour.

Heat remaining 1/4 cup oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp with marinade and sauté just until shrimp are opaque in center, about 4 minutes. Divide shrimp and marinade from skillet among 4 plates and serve.

I served this over brown rice.
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:57 am

Abby's Steak Marinade (and Tball's remix)

Abby:
Okay, you're lucky because I'm sick and I don't wanna think about food right now, but...

Equal parts:

Brown sugar
Soy sauce
Whiskey (or wine)
Olive oil

Marinate for 30 minutes. I swear to FSM, this is the best marinade in the world.

Tball:
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup grated fresh ginger root
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Crazy good
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:57 am

Noodle's Mac & Cheese

per Mear & Forrest's request....

1 package macaroni
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 an onion - chopped (more or less as desired)
1/4 cup flour
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 thing of salsa (I used Pace Picante medium)
a bunch of cheese - about 2-3cups +/- (whatever you like) I usually get a few different flavors of shredded chs and then mix them up

Heat oven to 375

Cook macaroni. While mac is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Cook onion (add a bit of salt & pepper too) until tender. Mix flour and milk (whisk well) until smooth and stir into onion mixture. Add cheese and stir constantly until cheese is melted. Pour mixture over macaroni noodles, add salsa and stir well.

Spoon mac/chs into a casserole dish. Sprinkle extra cheese on top. Bake uncovered for about 30 mins
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:17 am

forrest you rock!
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:55 pm

Simple Easter Egg Salad
« on: April 13, 2009, 06:40:07 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 hard-boiled eggs
3 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use light mayo on mine, don't care for salad dressing, use more mayo if needed)
1 tablespoon mustard (I use regular yellow mustard)
1 tablespoon relish
pepper (optional)
lettuce (optional)
6 slices whole wheat bread (any type will do)

Directions

1. Finely chop boiled eggs.
2. Mix in mayo 1 tablespoon at a time, so not to add too much.
3. Mix in mustard, relish and pepper.
4. Put egg salad mixture on bread (toasted is good as well), also good on rolls for finger foods.
5. Top sandwich with lettuce.
6. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:27 am

yum. I might make some of that up for lunch today. Or deviled eggs. I really love deviled eggs!
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:57 pm

had to log back in to the old forum...glad it's still up...I was curious so I checked and interestingly enough, it was renewed on 4/19/2011...

I guess beeps is still around...no new postings though...
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:52 am

Mango-Pineapple Salsa

Ingredients

* 2 large mangoes, ripe but still firm, peeled
* 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
* 1 large red bell pepper, seeded
* 1 medium red onion, peeled
* 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
* 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice

Directions

1. Cut mangoes, pineapple, red bell pepper, and red onion into 1/4-inch cubes.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:01 am

DemandaBanana's Secret TexMex Mix:

OK, this is my party secret I'm sharing with you all, so you should feel very privileged.

Secret TexMex party spice mix:
1 bunch of cilantro
1/2 med onion
1 jalapeno
2 cloves of garlic
juice of 2 limes

Throw it into a food processor.

Guacamole: Add spice mix to avocados
Black beans: Saute a bit of spice mix in EVOO and add drained, rinsed beans
Pico de Gallo: Add spice mix to chopped tomatoes
Fajita meat: Marinate chicken and/or flat iron/hanger/skirt steak (not flank steak please!) in spice mix, more lime, and EVOO and grill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site   Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site
Page 1 of 1