Parents' Time Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents' Time Out

Adult conversations and honest parents are not figments of your imagination.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inThings Left Unsaid Register_0
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Kapi
Things Left Unsaid I_vote_lcapThings Left Unsaid I_voting_barThings Left Unsaid I_vote_rcap 
ronin
Things Left Unsaid I_vote_lcapThings Left Unsaid I_voting_barThings Left Unsaid I_vote_rcap 
Mon
Hangers
asi9
Kissie
Noodle
mtlchick28
Faemum
mrsbraden
Join our Facebook group!
Parents' Time Out

Promote Your Page Too
Latest topics
» Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Things Left Unsaid I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:40 am by Mon

» Saving my muffin recipes
Things Left Unsaid I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 am by Kapi

» Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site
Things Left Unsaid I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:01 am by asi9

» Best Covers
Things Left Unsaid I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 pm by Ghost Dog

» Bridesmaids = Awesome
Things Left Unsaid I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 pm by Ghost Dog

» How to keep a little girl entertained for hours on end
Things Left Unsaid I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:30 am by ronin

» awesome multigrain waffles
Things Left Unsaid I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:12 pm by Kapi

» cool dancers
Things Left Unsaid I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:01 am by Kapi

» Kids say the Darnedest Things
Things Left Unsaid I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:47 pm by Hangers

Poll
We're now on Facebook....
....OMG awesome!!
Things Left Unsaid I_vote_lcap40%Things Left Unsaid I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
....OMG what were you thinking?!
Things Left Unsaid I_vote_lcap20%Things Left Unsaid I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG a chicken!!
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG you are such a tool!!
Things Left Unsaid I_vote_lcap0%Things Left Unsaid I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
....OMG Mear got 30% off at Kohls!!
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5
Statistics
We have 20 registered users
The newest registered user is 3bubs4me

Our users have posted a total of 3191 messages in 251 subjects

Things Left Unsaid

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ronin
Admin
Admin
ronin

Things Left Unsaid Empty
PostThings Left Unsaid

I came to the realization today that I am the cause of a lot of horrible misunderstandings. This is due to my tendency to leave things unsaid.

I don't mean that I am too shy or afraid to say something. I'm one of the most tactless people I know. I'm the girl who told her manager today that she probably couldn't work with a different staff because she's a control freak. I'm that one.

On the other hand, I'm also the girl who started an instant message to a coworker to let her know she had an urgent message from another office and forgot to hit "send." For an hour.

I'm also the girl who has about 18 unpublished blog post drafts right now. They were good ones too. One of these days I'll finish them...just as soon as I remember what my point was.

I also have a horrible tendency to hit the "forum" button right after typing up responses to forum posts, thinking I hit "send." I only find out later, after trying to figure out why no one replied to me, that I never posted what I intended to say. Usually by the time this dawns on me, the time for the comment has passed.

I'm the girl who thinks well-wishes at her Facebook friends when I see their wall posts and never thinks for 2 seconds that they can't see my thoughts.

So, if you think I should have responded to something posted, please feel free to insert a proxy response on my behalf.

I'd also like to offer my belated congratulations, condolences, get well wishes, birthday wishes, Christmas tidings and New Year benevolences. I know I owe you.

Now if I can remember to hit "send"....
Back to top Go down
https://parentstimeout.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

Things Left Unsaid :: Comments

Kapi
Re: Things Left Unsaid
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 am by Kapi
beer are you spying on me? Cause you just described me to a tee. Well minus the unfinished blogs, I'm not nearly imaginative enough to write blog posts lol. If you guys thought I was a post whore already, you should see the number of things I've started to say, got distracted half way though and never sent cause by the time I've come back the moment has passed.

I also never remember to call anyone on their birthday. Unless I'm responsible for baking you a cake, I probably forgot you age along with the rest of us Very Happy

But worst of all is that I don't remember people's small life details. People talk to me. Lots. And I barely can remember a word of what they said an hour later. I forget your children's names even, never mind where you went on vacation and why your uncle is in the hospital and where you bought that cute dress that I wanted to pick up for Sarah. I am a spaz of the worst sort. I"m glad people like me anyway, but I"m not always sure why they do.

Maybe they've told me and I just forgot Very Happy
ronin
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:28 am by ronin
Very possible Kapi. Very Happy

I'm guilty of the small personal detail thing too. I'll remember the most asinine crap about someone, but not anything that actually matters. People end up being mentally cataloged as "the back sweat guy" or "the says-yeah-after-every-sentence lady" or the "giraffe lover" or something else pointlessly dumb.
Kapi
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:31 am by Kapi
Laughing I actually forgot that a woman i know (not well, but well enough) had a baby. She brought her 9 MONTH OLD to library and I asked her who she was babysitting for. I was so freaking embarassed
asi9
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:15 am by asi9
impatient still waiting for my In-N-Out burger - I held up my end of the bargain with Five Guys franchises...
mrsbraden
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:54 am by mrsbraden
I'm the girl who thinks well-wishes at her Facebook friends when I see their wall posts and never thinks for 2 seconds that they can't see my thoughts.

sooooo me
ronin
Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:01 pm by ronin
asi9 wrote:
impatient still waiting for my In-N-Out burger - I held up my end of the bargain with Five Guys franchises...

They were too busy building another one by my work. hide
asi9
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:36 pm by asi9
can I trade my points for animal style - I'll pay for express shipping hungry
ronin
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:16 pm by ronin
Laughing I don't think express would be fast enough. Tell ya what, next time I go there, I'll order it for you, take a picture of me eating it and send that to you express. Free of charge. Smile

See, I can be considerate.
asi9
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:37 pm by asi9
ah um...I think it would be better if I left things unsaid...
ronin
Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:42 pm by ronin
Laughing
ronin
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:17 am by ronin
Here's my first unfinished blog post. Well, actually, now it's a finished blog post. I also posted it to my blog I started and never bother to post on (who am I kidding, that really describes all of my blogs). I'm all kinds of accomplished this morning.

http://thingsineverwantedtoknow.blogspot.com/2011/03/your-30s-myth.html
Hangers
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:03 pm by Hangers
Yes you are.

And that blog post about sums up why I'm dreading my birthday. lol 29 is like...who cares. You might as well be 30-

and according to my son that's so close to 40 that his Daddy and I officially qualify as old.

I never even had a "career" and I'm old. le sigh.
Kissie
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:39 pm by Kissie
If you're old at 29 then I'm probably considered ANCIENT at 36! HA!
Hangers
Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 pm by Hangers
Laughing Sad thing is I don't think of myself as old usually until younger folks I used to hang out with start talking about all the parties they are going to, and the grind on the job, and etc etc etc...and I'm like...wow...the most exciting thing I did today was watch NEMO for the 50 millionth time and vacuum my living room three times...and I'm gonna clean my house tonight and that's exciting to me...may even fold some laundry while watching Bones reruns...

and the weekend used to start on Wednesday night?

Wow I'm fuckin old Laughing
Post  by Sponsored content

Things Left Unsaid

Page 1 of 1