Parents' Time Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents' Time Out

Adult conversations and honest parents are not figments of your imagination.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inMythical Creature Cut Off?  Register_0
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Kapi
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_lcapMythical Creature Cut Off?  I_voting_barMythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_rcap 
ronin
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_lcapMythical Creature Cut Off?  I_voting_barMythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_rcap 
Mon
Hangers
asi9
Kissie
Noodle
mtlchick28
Faemum
mrsbraden
Join our Facebook group!
Parents' Time Out

Promote Your Page Too
Latest topics
» Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:40 am by Mon

» Saving my muffin recipes
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 am by Kapi

» Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:01 am by asi9

» Best Covers
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 pm by Ghost Dog

» Bridesmaids = Awesome
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 pm by Ghost Dog

» How to keep a little girl entertained for hours on end
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:30 am by ronin

» awesome multigrain waffles
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:12 pm by Kapi

» cool dancers
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:01 am by Kapi

» Kids say the Darnedest Things
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:47 pm by Hangers

Poll
We're now on Facebook....
....OMG awesome!!
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_lcap40%Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
....OMG what were you thinking?!
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_lcap20%Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG a chicken!!
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_lcap20%Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG you are such a tool!!
Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_lcap0%Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
....OMG Mear got 30% off at Kohls!!
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5
Statistics
We have 20 registered users
The newest registered user is 3bubs4me

Our users have posted a total of 3191 messages in 251 subjects

Mythical Creature Cut Off?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hangers
Chit Chat Mod
Chit Chat Mod
Hangers

Mythical Creature Cut Off?  Empty
PostSubject: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:39 am

so sad

Okay...read a blog post this morning

http://www.momswhoneedwine.com/2011/03/uncorked-in-the-burbs-down-the-rabbit-hole-aka-the-easter-jig-is-up/

and one of the comments at the bottom got me to thinking. She talks about her almost 10 year old "baby" still believing in all the holiday folks.

Sigh. We've been, IMO, unfortunate in this regard. My HOPE was that Lil Man would get the "gist" of the reality of holiday folks BEFORE the girls were old enough to know what was even going on with them. For a very simple reason- if my 3 year old (next year) finds out SC "isn't real" because my middle schooler gets teased at school and decides he doesn't believe anymore? I'm going to be super SUPER pissed.

Not at him mind you, but myself.

My question I put to you all is this, if our kids don't come to the conclusion that they aren't real on their own? Is it okay to let them continue on until they don't "believe" anymore on their own, or is a "sorry baby, this is reality- Mommy and Daddy are SC, EB, TF- etc." conversation appropriate at his age?

I honestly don't want him to get his ass kicked on the bus next year for still believing...and if he gets angry and tells his sister? (and he will if this isn't handled juuuuuuuustright- he's pretty irate when he is "lied" to after years of us hounding him about his honesty habits.)

I'm just wondering if maybe we should make this his last "easter" with "the bunny" of course he will still get treats (I'm frickin almost 30 and my mama still sends me an Easter treat)

I just feel horribly guilty at the thought of- stripping away innocence. But at the same time part of me is thinking "HE HAS TO FUCKING KNOW- I KNEW WHEN I WAS SIX...HOW CAN HE NOT KNOW???"

so sad
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

PostSubject: Re: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 6:57 am

Can you start making HIM the easter bunny. So instead of a 'we've been lying to you for years' talk you could give him a 'you're old enough for us to pass the torch on to you' talk. Then have him help pick out the treats and hide it all. My folks did that for me (I don't know if I still believed or not) me and my similar aged cousin got to hide easter candy and stuff stockings for all our younger siblings every holiday. Then in the morning there would always be some kind of extra surprise for us that we pretended was from santa or the easter bunny all the while exchanging knowing glances with my mom and trying hard not to burst out laughing. I actually had more fun with that stage of believing than I did when I just thought the mythical creatures did it lol.
Back to top Go down
Hangers
Chit Chat Mod
Chit Chat Mod
Hangers

PostSubject: Re: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:02 am

Well that was my plan- to get him to help being the Bunny and Santa with us for his youngers sisters...I think he would get a real kick out of it...but in the meantime keeping HIS stuff still a "surprise" so there would- anticipation for the morning if not actual "belief..."

I'm also trying to get the focus a bit back more on the "religious" aspects of the holidays. But that's just me. He didn't know Easter had anything to do with any religion much less Christianity until last year when I lamented that I had missed church services... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

PostSubject: Re: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:10 am

Well I can't help you on that front Laughing I never knew it was a religious holiday till I was an adult haha.

On another front, that cousin that I used to play easter bunny with is coming to sask for easter this year with his wife and son and we're gonna get to play easter bunny again together for the first time in almost 20 years. I'm pretty stoked, even if I am a little nervous to have to put on supper for potentially 15 people, 16 if you include Patrick, but he won't be eating much lol.
Back to top Go down
Mon
Parenthood Mod
Parenthood Mod
Mon

PostSubject: Re: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:56 am

The boys figured it out on their own, and I told them that if they said anything to the girls...Then SC wouldn't be visiting them.

Laughing

The thing is though that we don't make a big deal out of it any way. The kids get Easter baskets, but they know they come from us. The only one we made a semi-big-deal about is SC, and we never put a whole lot of emphasis on it.
Back to top Go down
ronin
Admin
Admin
ronin

PostSubject: Re: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:49 am

How is 'Summer Boobs' a similar topic? uh uh

Anyway, hubby and I have been at a loss for what to do about this. We did a Santa countdown calendar this year with C, but I think she understands that mommy and daddy put the presents under the tree.

We don't do the Easter Bunny. Mostly because we're too lazy to hide and dye eggs.

The tooth fairy has already been busted as a myth in my house. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://parentstimeout.forumotion.com
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

PostSubject: Re: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:32 am

I love making a big deal about the easter bunny and santa. They kinda go overboard in my house lol. But I love watching the kids believe in magic.
Back to top Go down
asi9
Dancing Cucumber
Dancing Cucumber
asi9

PostSubject: Re: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:33 am

ronin wrote:

maybe they just want to be an "affliate" - I bet more dads would join here creepy
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

PostSubject: Re: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:09 am

I want summer boobs.
Back to top Go down
Mon
Parenthood Mod
Parenthood Mod
Mon

PostSubject: Re: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:21 am

ronin wrote:

Maybe because those are fake too?
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

PostSubject: Re: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:22 am

hahaha, good one Mon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mythical Creature Cut Off?    Mythical Creature Cut Off?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mythical Creature Cut Off?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parents' Time Out :: Parenthood :: Kids-
Jump to: