Parents' Time Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents' Time Out

Adult conversations and honest parents are not figments of your imagination.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. Register_0
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Kapi
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_lcapThe Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_voting_barThe Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_rcap 
ronin
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_lcapThe Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_voting_barThe Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_rcap 
Mon
Hangers
asi9
Kissie
Noodle
mtlchick28
Faemum
mrsbraden
Join our Facebook group!
Parents' Time Out

Promote Your Page Too
Latest topics
» Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:40 am by Mon

» Saving my muffin recipes
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 am by Kapi

» Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:01 am by asi9

» Best Covers
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 pm by Ghost Dog

» Bridesmaids = Awesome
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 pm by Ghost Dog

» How to keep a little girl entertained for hours on end
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:30 am by ronin

» awesome multigrain waffles
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:12 pm by Kapi

» cool dancers
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:01 am by Kapi

» Kids say the Darnedest Things
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:47 pm by Hangers

Poll
We're now on Facebook....
....OMG awesome!!
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_lcap40%The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
....OMG what were you thinking?!
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_lcap20%The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG a chicken!!
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_lcap20%The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG you are such a tool!!
The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_lcap0%The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
....OMG Mear got 30% off at Kohls!!
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5
Statistics
We have 20 registered users
The newest registered user is 3bubs4me

Our users have posted a total of 3191 messages in 251 subjects

The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hangers
Chit Chat Mod
Chit Chat Mod
Hangers

The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. Empty
PostSubject: The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.   The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:13 pm

IN 2 weeks I have arranged for the girls to get baptized at church. The hubsters only weekend off in the forseeable future.

I'm excited.

Downside: It's Mardi Gras Weekend. ashamed This all but guarantees that not only will my only husband likely smell like a rum distillary for this blessed event, but that if my inlaws do indeed appear they will in all liklihood be completely hungover if NOT still intoxicated. That is under the assumption that they come, which I won't hold my breath on.

Oh well. At least my "normal" family will be there. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ronin
Admin
Admin
ronin

PostSubject: Re: The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.   The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:15 pm

Oh wow. I want tickets to that show Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://parentstimeout.forumotion.com
Hangers
Chit Chat Mod
Chit Chat Mod
Hangers

PostSubject: Re: The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.   The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:20 pm

It should be...interesting. I think the pastor may already regret letting my motley crew join the church as my husband hasn't stepped foot on the premises yet (some folks in my Sunday School class are starting to wonder if I made him up- Thank GOD one of the guys actually GREW up with him and knows I didn't just "create" an entire person....) and Lil Man has been all of ONE time and hasn't shown much interest in returning...

My VERY Catholic mother may have to be given a Xanax before hand since my changing my religion and NOT raising my kids Catholic isn't sitting well. (Though at this point she's just grateful I'm getting them baptized. Seeing as how the Pastor is going to be able to carry on a conversation with Lil Bit during htis...)

My inlaws haven't been in a church since... I've known them. And them showing up hammered may not do them any heavenly favors. lol

IT should be interesting- to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Kapi
BudWEISer Buddy
BudWEISer Buddy
Kapi

PostSubject: Re: The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.   The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:29 pm

I don't go to church, so maybe I'm wrong on this, but I'd say any church that regrets you joining, motley crew and all, doesn't deserve you wub .

I know how long you've been wanting this, I'm so very happy for you. I'll cross my toes that nobody comes as an obnoxious drunk (I was just going to say drunk but didn't want to seem overly optimistic haha) and that all of your family behaves themselves and checks their drama at the door.
Back to top Go down
Hangers
Chit Chat Mod
Chit Chat Mod
Hangers

PostSubject: Re: The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.   The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Oh I dunno that he's actually regretting it lol...I'm just paranoid.

I do hope that everyone behaves. This is important to me- even though my husband thinks it's silly he's playing ball...so I'm glad for that.
Back to top Go down
mtlchick28
Entertainment Mod
Entertainment Mod
mtlchick28

PostSubject: Re: The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.   The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:32 pm

Aww, I'm so happy for you Hangers and for your girls! Try not to worry about the fam drama, every family has it I'm sure. Mine is created solely by the IL's.....lol!
Back to top Go down
Faemum
Proud Member
Proud Member
Faemum

PostSubject: Re: The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.   The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:16 am

hey , at least hubster is turning up Smile Bella's Dad did not turn up ..at the last minute ! So when rev. went to turn to and introduce the "father" he was pointing at the godfather (her Dad's best mate) some of my family had not met Bella's Dad so were probably already scanning around trying to look for him. The godfather had reading issues , so i was sort of whispering his "parts" to him , juggling baby and trying to keep up myself .
When we had the pics developed a couple of them had an interesting "flame" effect in the background . I should have known that my child would soon be wearing a pentagram.
oh ..and her godmother ? she wore fairy wings as she wished to be known as her "faerie godmother" ..yes , this was a very accepting Anglican church .

I was baptised as a baby (anglican) and later by choice as JW (LOL) and with Bella i still wanted to cover my bases and let her have the choice
(besides her big sis had just needed and emergency religious conversion so she could attend a private school , despite her mum being Anti religion to the point the kid had to hide her crucifix ...although she already hid all her jewelery anyway in case mum hocked it) as well as have a welcome to the family ritual.
Turns out that my kid has no interest in faking belief and conformity to earn a scholarship place in a church school. She has done some reading of bible stories and has interesting discussions (even as a FB friend) with an adult friend at bible college , so i have tried to allow her a balanced view to have her choice .
Back to top Go down
ronin
Admin
Admin
ronin

PostSubject: Re: The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.   The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:21 am

Why was I surprised to learn that your daughter has a fairy godmother? dunce
Back to top Go down
https://parentstimeout.forumotion.com
Faemum
Proud Member
Proud Member
Faemum

PostSubject: Re: The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.   The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:33 am

i wish the pics were digital . one day i may set everything up and scan some old scrap book pages .
the "fairy" has a catholic priest brother, so she figures she is a good one to be prepared to assist no matter what spiritual choices Bella makes in future .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.   The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Girls are Gonna Get Baptized.
Page 1 of 1