Parents' Time Out
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents' Time Out

Adult conversations and honest parents are not figments of your imagination.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inI.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? Register_0
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Kapi
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_lcapI.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_voting_barI.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_rcap 
ronin
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_lcapI.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_voting_barI.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_rcap 
Mon
Hangers
asi9
Kissie
Noodle
mtlchick28
Faemum
mrsbraden
Join our Facebook group!
Parents' Time Out

Promote Your Page Too
Latest topics
» Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:40 am by Mon

» Saving my muffin recipes
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 9:49 am by Kapi

» Forrest's Favorite Recipes from the other site
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:01 am by asi9

» Best Covers
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:11 pm by Ghost Dog

» Bridesmaids = Awesome
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 pm by Ghost Dog

» How to keep a little girl entertained for hours on end
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:30 am by ronin

» awesome multigrain waffles
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:12 pm by Kapi

» cool dancers
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:01 am by Kapi

» Kids say the Darnedest Things
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:47 pm by Hangers

Poll
We're now on Facebook....
....OMG awesome!!
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_lcap40%I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
....OMG what were you thinking?!
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_lcap20%I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG a chicken!!
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_lcap20%I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
....OMG you are such a tool!!
I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_lcap0%I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
....OMG Mear got 30% off at Kohls!!
 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5
Statistics
We have 20 registered users
The newest registered user is 3bubs4me

Our users have posted a total of 3191 messages in 251 subjects

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ronin
Admin
Admin
ronin

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? Empty
PostI.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You?

The Preface:

I work in a place where the computers are very secured. It's the reason I can't log onto the board during the day (when you see me, I'm on my phone...usually pretending to pee). The computers are so locked down that I can't even make subtle changes to the machine I work on. For instance, I can't change my background picture or use anything but the corporate approved screen saver. (not that I really care...)

The Problem:

When the I.T. guys set up my new employee, they didn't set her network ID to reflect Arizona time. She was set up for Eastern time. So every computer she signed in to reflected a time that was 2 hours ahead. Relating accurate times at my work is so important that we actually have policies (yeah, plural) regarding it. Since I can't adjust this myself, I called I.T. right away.

The Conversation:

I didn't represent myself in picture until the very end, because it's time consuming and I have laundry to do. (and I'm lazy)

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? 893839_43088725-1

Me: Hello, Chad this is "ronin" from office #123 in Phoenix. We need you to help us adjust a time.

I knew this was improper phrasing when Chad says:

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? 893839_43088725-7

Me: Really?... I, uh... (is this guy fucking serious?) No, I just need some help with my employees' network ID. It's set 2 hours ahead and we need it to reflect Arizona time.

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? 893839_43088725-3

Me: (annoyed) Yes, but that's not the problem. I can tell you that the issue is tied to her ID, not any one particular computer, as she is also showing EST when she logs into any other computer.

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? 893839_43088725-4

Me: (agitated and checked out of the conversation) With a defibrillator?

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? 893839_43088725-5

Me: (impatient) We went to the shut down menu and chose "Restart," Chad. (sarcastic) Is that what we were supposed to do?

Chad wisely ignored my question and tried using a different approach:

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? 893839_43088725-6

Me: (really, how can I take this seriously?) Unless my employee is caught in a time warp, then I'm fairly sure.

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? 893839_43088725-5

Me: (trying to keep my patience despite stifling a primal urge to reach through the phone and tear this kid's face off) Please, can you just help me with this?

He did. He remoted into the computer and...

Restarted.

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? 893839_43088725-8

Me:

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? CronnInRage

15 minutes later....

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? 893839_43088725-9

Me:

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? Anime-1
Back to top Go down
https://parentstimeout.forumotion.com
Share this post on: reddit

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You? :: Comments

Hangers
Re: I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You?
Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:28 pm by Hangers
o.m.d I hate corp IT help desk folks rofl...they are impossible!
Kapi
Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:50 pm by Kapi
Laughing Colin is Chad. I am so making him get a fuck off I'm internetting background when he goes back to work.
ronin
Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:20 pm by ronin
No wonder Colin is grumpy. Wink A "Fuck off, I'm busy internetting" background will dramatically improve his outlook. laugh
asi9
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 am by asi9
Oh cmon, I bet if it was Roy saying "did you try turning it off and on again?" you wouldn't be mad... Laughing

I hate to say it though...one of the reasons IT gets a bad rap is due to Help Desk sometimes...and being in the IT dept, I get issues escalated to me sometimes that you can tell they did jacksh*t of troubleshooting...

do your job and get back to me when you have all the pertinent information...I'm too busy internetting... nerd
asi9
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:48 am by asi9
oh and the geek in me cant help to say that NTP should've been configured through GPO... ashamed
Kapi
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:14 am by Kapi
Colin's all mad at me Razz . I need to tell you that he is not help desk, even though the staff tries to use him as such.
asi9
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 pm by asi9
Kapi wrote:
Colin's all mad at me Razz . I need to tell you that he is not help desk, even though the staff tries to use him as such.

Laughing I can totally relate to that...
ronin
Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:09 pm by ronin
Sorry Colin! Go back to your internetting. Very Happy

And, yeah, the Help Desk guys are usually pissed off at life. I imagine I would be too -- as I will acknowledge the fact that Chad was probably clarifying about the wall clocks based on experience -- which is why I usually email the techs (who don't just assume that I'm retarded because I don't work I.T.), but they were already gone for the day. Lazy bums. angry Very Happy

I.T. Help Desk: How Can I Annoy You?

Page 1 of 1